Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reverberation



Satyam Shivam Suryam
Repeat
Satyam Shivam Suryam
Repeat
Satyam Shivam Suryam

In my mind I see the swirling stars
The greedy mouths of black holes
Swallowing the cosmos
I see the alpha and the omega
Expand and contract.  
I am not Nachiketa, but I am that.
The rock and the crashing wave
The beast and the hunter
The silence of solitude, voice of another
Knowing and known
(Reaching, touching)
Loving and loved
(Softly, softly)
Lightning stutters
Thunder speaks 
A reverberation
I will be peace.

4 comments:

Robin Sneed said...

xox

Peter Greene said...

Thanks for the poem, Shan. As a bonus, I got to look up 'Satyam Shivam Suryam". This led to a number of interesting things to read. As did 'Nachiketa'. Darkness outside the blinds; a jet forges overhead, and the rain falls - the fire burns low, and something large, calico, and querulous insists upon interrupting my various searches. Cats are often in the Now, as well as in the Know, and the Now right now involves the petting and scratching, and the checking upon food supplies. Yes, the chicken offal pellets are in place, dear, as is the foamed salmon wastes. Which latter stuff smells sort of good.

Time for tea.

PG

Peter Greene said...

Usage, usage! "as is the foamed salmon waste", singular, would have done, or "as ARE the foamed salmon wastes" - but not what I put. Sheesh. I could lose my poetic license for a thing like that.

Anonymous said...

I liked a lot!
The image and poem!

I=I=I=I=I